Faith+Culture: Recreational Marijuana
No matter who you talk to, substance abuse is not something normally condoned or endorsed. For this event, we held a conversation with Chris Thurstone, a member of Denver Pres, who is a leading voice at the state, national, and international levels regarding substance abuse and a medical director of one of Colorado's largest youth substance-abuse-treatment clinics, as well as an associate professor of psychiatry at CU Denver.
We discussed questions like:
- How should Christians approach occasional, recreational marijuana usage?
- What does science say about moderate recreational use?
- How should we think about the data that exists?
- How does marijuana impact our bodies and brains?
- At what level is it safe to use?
- Is it a safer alternative to alcohol?
- Are there health benefits?