Help provide welcome basket supplies for our refugee neighbors at Project Worthmore. Items are stored in Project Worthmore’s pantry and are given to refugees who come through their office. Some of the refugees have recently arrived in Denver and others have been here for a while but just need a little extra help.
Most of the items on the list cannot be purchased with government assistance programs like SNAP or WIC, so these donated items help refugees with their monthly costs as they work toward self-sufficiency.
Date: December 19
Items must be dropped off at Project Worthmore’s offices ON Tuesday, December 19, between 9am-5pm.
- Option #1: Buy individual items from list below
- Option #2: Purchase all items from list below and make a complete welcome basket
The estimated cost for a complete welcome basket is about $100. Individual items have various prices.
1) Buy items
- Dollar store, Target, etc.
- Amazon – you can purchase items on Amazon and have them shipped directly to Project Worthmore. They can be shipped at any time and do not need to be delivered on the date above.
- Have someone in your Community Group drop off all items for your group ON Tuesday, December 19, between 9am and 5pm.
3) Tax Deduction
- You can receive a tax deduction for giving these items. Request the form from Karen Berry.
Project Worthmore’s Address:
Mango House (Project Worthmore’s Office Building)
1532 Galena Street, Suite 210
Aurora, CO 80010
- Rice (50 lb. bag – Costco - $20)
- Rice cooker (Costco - $30)
- Laundry basket
- Cooking oil
- Trash bags
- All-purpose house cleaner
- Broom and dust pan
- Laundry detergent
- Dish soap
- Bath soap
- Hand soap
- Shampoo & Conditioner
- Deodorant (men and women)
- Toothpaste (child and adult)
- Tooth brushes (child and adult)
- Toilet paper
- Feminine pads (not tampons)
- Vacuum cleaner